All break, I’ve barely wanted to leave my house and do anything. Not in a bad way. I’ve just been feeling super relaxed and haven’t wanted to go anywhere. I’m kind of feeling the same way right now, although I’m really excited to see my friend from school. I hope she calls soon so I don’t have to drive when it’s super late and all of the crazies are out.
For now, I’ll just keep watching TV. iCarly it is!
From 6pm-6am on New Year’s Eve/Day AAA will take your drunk self and your car home for FREE, member or not: 800-222-4357
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE. I don’t care how good of a drunk driver you believe you are. Just make the call. Is your pride worth the price of another’s life?
the worst thing about the new year is having to remember to write 2012 instead of 2011
Agreed. Although I did catch myself writing 2012 a few times this year…
And The Salvation Army.
These places have completely ruined my expectation on how much things should cost. That’s why I hate shopping in regular stores. To me, everything’s overpriced!
…Yet I don’t want to be all by myself.
One group says that nothing’s going on. I don’t know if I believe them.
Another one (the one I’ve seen on NYE for the past few years) has parted ways for the night.
A friend in my other group is having a party at his house but something inside me just doesn’t want to go. I don’t feel like I really belong any more. They have so many inside jokes and weird things that it’s awkward; the event invite, for instance, is full of inside jokes that I don’t understand because I wasn’t there when they happened. You see, I’m only invited to half of the things that group does. Finally, I don’t really want to be driving on NYE with all of the crazies out. He hasn’t invited his guests to stay overnight nor would I feel completely comfortable in doing so just because I don’t know his family or his house.
Lastly, my best friend is going to his girlfriend’s brother’s apartment party.
I briefly thought about hosting NYE at my house but:
- It’s my parents’ wedding anniversary on NYE and I always feel weird about that.
- I didn’t want to have to choose between groups on which group to invite (because they don’t get along with each other. I tried a few years ago at my high school graduation party to have all of them in the same place and it was a complete failure.).
I just don’t know what to do.
I’ll probably end up going to bed early and not doing anything besides drinking a bottle of sparkling grape juice that I may or may not pick up for myself. It’s not like I’m a fan of New Year’s anyway. Like every year, my dog will be my first kiss of the year (or, if I’m feeling up for change, my cat) and I will progress through 2012 without any romantic interests (this fact will be brought to my attention multiple times during the year). I’m not super bitter about it right now.
I just don’t see the point.
- I WANT TO GO DOWNTOWN. I say it to my friends all the time to no avail. Some of my friends went the first week of break but I couldn’t because I had a back doctor appointment. Needless to say, I probably won’t be going downtown.
- I want to go rollerskating. I suggested it to some of my friends but they quickly vetoed it and suggested ice skating instead. While I enjoy ice skating, I really just want to go rollerskating at the place I used to go when I was in elementary school. I just think it would be so fun.
- Go to the Winter Wonderland Woods drive-through holiday thing. But there’s no snow so it’s not nearly as magical.
- Go sledding. Again, I can’t do this without snow.
- Spend the whole day with a few close friends doing winter-like things. Again, there really isn’t a winter happening in Illinois right now.
- See the American version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
- Have fun.
While some wonderful things happened (like Warped Tour and meeting Tom Felton), 2011 was one of the worst years of my life.
I have never in my life been more depressed and unhappy for long periods of time like I’ve been in 2011. I’ve been alone for a lot of it (not by choice). Friendships have fluctuated and my back issues came back. In my mind, I no longer have a Grandma (or any grandparents left). Pluto died when I needed him most. My dad struggled to find work all year even though he’s an experienced and skillful carpenter. I’ve questioned my sanity on multiple occasions. I STILL don’t know what I want to do with my life while everyone else seems to be making decisions or at least taking steps toward something promising. I still don’t have plans for New Years.
While the last one is not all that important, I still maintain that 2011 was not kind to me.